Can't restart Win98 when µTorrent is running

cheftoni

Hello everyone.

First of all: µTorrent rules all. I think there's no doubt about that. I love tiny apps.

Small annoying problem though:

When µTorrent is running, my Win98 can't restart.

The screen gets black and the DOS cursor blinks in the top left corner.

But the restart/boot sequence doesn't start - I have to reset or turn the PC off.

Weird thing: When I restart while holding down the shift key to shorten the reboot sequence, it works fine.

Weird, isn't it?

When I turn off µTorrent manually before I restart Win98, it works too, even the long restart procedure with BIOS screen and everything works fine.

Any ideas?

I installed every shutdown supplement from MS and turned off every possible background app (firewall etc), the problem remains.

What firewall are you using? Turning it off won't really get rid of its influence -- uninstalling is the only proper way of testing it.

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Archived