Failure: share ratio violation - need help with red arrow issue

montesis

I have been reading through the forums here, but haven't seen my specific problem listed.

I am getting the following Red Arrow/Tracker Status:

Failure: share ratio violation; please raise your share ratio up to 0.25 first.

Any help will be appreciated:-)

I read the description at Wiki and here's what I know:

I was invited to download this torrent via an email: from a trusted torrent friend.

The invite took me to dimeadozen, where the description, track list, comments from the author, and the link to click to get it.

In the past, I have successfully completed downloads in this way, from the same author. I have been unsuccessful three different times recently.

How do a raise my share ratio to 0.25?

Assuming it's your account, you need to upload something, or if you have something already downloaded and didn't take it out of µTorrent, leave it seeding. Once you upload enough the tracker will let you get peers again.

It is my account, and I am now seeding two torrents that I downloaded successfully months ago. I will try to get some people to jump on and help me out.

Thanks so much for the solution to a months old problem I had been struggling with. Thanks for these forums!!

Once your ratio is up, you can make sure it stays at whatever level it's at by making sure the ratio givin by µT for the torrent is 1.0, meaning you gave back what you downloaded, though seeding more then that is preferred so that other people can also get the torrent you got.

Archived