Have a modem but cant get incoming connections

linzi8

Hi,

i have a smartax mt882 modem and i cant get any incoming connections on utorrent, the icon at the bottom is an orange triangle and never been green like it should, my download speed averages about 10kbs so wen downloading bigger files it takes days, could any 1 help me with this. would be very grateful. thanx.

two weeks ago i was able to download files fine. Then all of a sudden a few days ago, I started to get speeds of 1-3 kb/s with no incoming connections. I have tried to change ports but that does do anything, and it says no port will open. I have hughes net with a HN7000S modem and a Dlink DW 2900a router. Hughes net is satellite service and I understand that there can be problems with satellites services, but it was working fine before, and I havnt changed any of my settings. Can someone please help me with this. It is driving me nuts. Thanks

Hughes net satellite service may have crippled your service based on "excessive" usage or breaking the terms of use (they may not allow 24-7 file sharing).

I would be quite surprised if you ever got the green light in uTorrent with a satellite ISP.

Archived