possible trojan or mal/spyware?

XxMayhemxX

so i have used utorrent for about a year and half.. no problems.. I got the hang of it.. can dl stuff. All is good.

Here recently, when i open utorrent, i get a msg telling me a new version is available.

1.7.7. Ive been using 1.7.2 if i remember right.

So i decided to click on ok and install this new 1.7.7

it must of installed and started up.. cuz now i have to redo my firewall settings to allow connections for each and every peer, (through one main Allow mind you)

but there is a problem..

Some Information to note before i carry on

My utorrent is not in Program Files, i keep it in a personal folder

and i have a shortcut to it on the desktop.

In my Firewall warnings(I use Comodo Firewall Pro) i get this...

Application: C:\yada\yada\yada\utorrent

Parent: C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temp\utt2E.tmp.exe

I didnt get this warning before..so i think what is this?

i google the filename, utt2E.tmp.exe, and come up with this....

http://www.prevx.com/filenames/18831460400927931-0/BTDNA.EXE.html

the only thing google can find on the subject matter.

Also, now the utorrent shortcut on the desktop points to uTorrent in Program Files.

I ran System Safety Monitor and it went nuts with keyboard hook warnings and other weird warnings.. Now as long as i have System Safety Monitor running, i get warnings for every program i run. Something happened with this update.. that wasnt happening before...

here is a screenshot of Comodo Firewall and one of the warnings...

the screenshot of Comodo's warning

here is a screenshot of one of the System Safety Monitor warnings

the screenshot of a SSM warning

i had some other weird warnings also...

Comodo Firewall and System Safety Monitor are both safe programs. I use a site called Castlecops to get spyware/malware/trojan information and prevention help usually.

this wasnt the Check for Updates button on top under Help in utorrent, this was a little dialog box that comes up every time i start utorrent and asks me about new version 1.7.7 and asks me if i want to dl and install it. It also has a checkbox asking me if i want to continue to receive this msg.. I should of gotten a screenshot of that i guess.

I'm not saying its utorrents fault.. it might of been a rogue program that took over utorrents update dialog for its own purposes.. i dont realy know for sure.

but after the install this kicked in as a parent file for utorrent: utt2E.tmp.exe

Archived