Can't start downloads

js9798

Hi,

I am new to this, so you will have to excuse my ignorance, but when I tried to go in and start downloading a movie, after I start, I keep getting a message that pops up that reads: It seems that utorrent is already running, but not responding. Please close all utorrent processes and try again. The problem is, I don't have anything running right now, so I am confused. Could you please help me? Thanks

Thank you for that help. I was able to stop it from running, but then it asked if I wanted utorrent to be my default for torrents and I clicked yes. Then when I tried to put a search in again, nothing would happen. I can't seem to get to the searching page to start downloading. I am not sure what I did wrong. Would you mind helping me again? Thank you.

Yes, I'm sorry I wasn't more specific. I am talking about the search panel in the upper right hand corner of my utorrent screen. You type in the name of the movie you want to get and then you press the magnifying glass. You can also select different sites to search from ie.. isohunt, etc. There are about ten to choose from. Mine is automatically set on isohunt. I hope that helps clarify things a bit.

Have you pressed Enter on the keyboard? If so, and it does nothing, then...

Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs > Set Program Access and Defaults > Custom > Choose a default Web browser:

Select your browser, and make sure "Enable access to this program" is checked.

Yes, I press enter and nothing happens, the screen just kind of blinks a little bit and then I go nowhere from there.

I did try to do what you instructed and it didn't change anything at all. I have firefox as my default browser which has been working fine. I was able to download a movie yesturday without any problems. I think I might of messed something up when I went in to the task manager and shut down utorrent, but being that I am a complete computer illiterate, as I am sure you can tell, I have no idea what happened. So, I am stumped. If you can help in any way, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

No, I don't believe that it is a mobile firefox. I downloaded it to my computer because my kids were having trouble with the webkinz site and I had read that it worked better with firefox, which it did.

Thank you for all of your help. I did manage to fix the problem I had earlier. But I do need some help with a new movie download that I just completed this morning. It seems to have a audio file that is not able to be played by my computer. When I went into divx, they recommended downloading the directshow decoder. Does anyone know if this will work for the audio files, or is there something else out there that would work better? I have windows vista home premium.

thanks

Archived