RSS feed torrents will continue to reload after completion or deletion

funinabox7

I have 15 - 20 rss feeds set up with filters. Every 3 weeks or so things would get a bit crazy and utorrent would start downloading hundreds of old torrents from the feeds. I would delete my feeds and filters, recreate them, and all was well for a month or so.

Now, nothing will work. Its downloading over 600 torrents (about 200 every 15 minuets). It will start to check many of them and see that they exist, and the rest wait in the queue to download. I have tried to delete them with the red "x" on the tool bar, I have tried to right click, then "remove torrent and data", I have tried "remove torrent". I saw a similar thread, but the persons issue wasn't the same, but I tried to apply their solutions with no luck. (http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=37177#p311763)

I have tried completely deleting the program and reloading it and I redid my feeds and filters. I did notice that when I click on the rss downloader button, then click on the releases tab, there are blue circle check marks next to items in this list. It seems that every time utorrent downloads a ton of torrents and I delete them, the check marks move around, never staying on one item. I dont know if that means anything, Im not even sure what that list is for, or what the check marks mean.

Im running xp, and the computer that is running utorrent has only two functions, run utorrent, and WMP11.

Please let me know if I need to provide any other info. Thanks for taking the time to read my issue.

Thanks! I think that solved it. I did read a big "dont do that unless..." on the guide portion of the utorrent site, but I think that was only if you are downloading shows that are not numbered in consecutive order. Is that correct? Thanks again for your solution.

Archived