Not downloading the hole package.. VISTA

qcube

Hey guys, I hope that you can help me with my problem. When I download anything thats packed as .rar it doesnt download the hole thing. Only maybe like 99.6 of it, but it says that it is 100% complete. Since when I try to unrar it, it says that the file is corrupted and I must open the torrent file over and over and over to get the hole thing. Im using Windows Vista Ultimate and the latest version of utorrent(1.7.7).

Dearest, Johan.

You mean after completing the download, you STOP, right click, Force Recheck and it shows 99.6% done? Where are the red pieces in the files... switch to the Files tab to get a clearer view.

Missing pieces at the beginning and end of files can be a sign of something adding tags of somesort. Additionally random corruption of missing blocks is a sign further investigation is needed. You say this only happens when downloading torrents with RAR data? If the torrent checks out 100%, it's not a problem with the rar, the original uploader messed up.

Are you running anything listed under http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software as being a possible problem causer? Also if you could look at How-To for Troubleshooting and create the HiJackThis and Process Explorer logfiles. If it's not software it could also be dying hardware including RAM.

Archived