Yet another "There is not enough disk space on the disk" error

Sooty

Using 1.7.7 on Vista.

I download directly to my (rather new) 500gb external hard drive. Yes I've checked the download location. It has about 100gb left.

A 4.5gb file is now giving me the "There is not enough disk space on the disk" error.

Other torrents currently running:

A 22gb file about 95% done

2 700mb files one 98% done and the other 69% done

A 3 GB file 2.5% done

Seems weird that I'm facing this problem at all, given the amount of space left proportionate to this one torrent. What are the possible causes for this error? My drive DEFINITELY have enough raw space. I can't imagine the 100gb left being so awfully fragmented... although it could. Is there another cause for the bug?

I download directly to my (rather new) 500gb external hard drive.

FAT32 filesystem or NTFS? (check the properties of the drive in your "My Computer" window.

A 4.5gb file is now giving me the "There is not enough disk space on the disk" error.

Single file torrent?

A 22gb file about 95% done

Multiple file torrent with no individual file over 4gb?

Noooo!!!

I can't believe it... I've downloaded 350gb worth of files onto that darned place and only NOW I run into a 4+gb file? IMPOSSIBLE!

Oh well. Downloading onto my C:\ instead of the external harddrive. Thanks so much for the help. <3

> Noooo!!! I can't believe it...

Yeah, that speaks to more about the seeder and/or content creator not having a clue about file size limitations on various file systems.

NTFS is better than FAT32 for increased file sizes, but also for sparse file support:

http://www.ntfs.com/ntfs-sparse.htm - Your torrents only fill up disk space as the pieces are actually downloaded instead of taking up the file space immediately.

Archived