All torrents turning red! Not downloading! (old user)

Assassin X

Ok been using this program for years. Having changed any settings on my computer or added any new programs. And the computer hasn't restarted so I have no idea what happened!

So basically I went to download something and the little Arrow at the beginning of the item your downloading is Blue likes its suppose to be when downloading. Then after a few minutes it turns red. Basically it says there no availability even though it shows tons of seeders at the site and through the torrent.

So I think ok maybe its an error. So I type a random word and for a test download a bit of the first thing I see with alot of seeds. Well within a few minutes its red TOO! So I try something else and it turns red too!!!! So I go back to something I downloaded a few days earlier that worked for sure. It has a little less seeds now but sure enough it turns red!

What in the world is going on!?!? Why can't I download anything?

Wow you know the years I've been using this program I never really payed much attention to the tabs. lol.

Well this is what I get:

[v]* means the torrent is downloading, but there is a tracker error (see question above)

*This [v] is the white arrow facing down in red box.

But that would make sense if it was just one torrent but every torrent I download has this problem now. Could my IP be blocking me from downloading stuff? Also I noticed my "Tracker Status" under the Tracker section of General keeps refreshing the word "Offline" no matter what torrents I use.

Haha, yup. Somtimes we just aren't cognizant of everything we take in everyday. I read somewhere that 90% of what we see our brain auto-filters out ... otherwise we'd always be overloaded with data input.

As far as the problem... Yeah, Offline, if it's new it could be the ISP. Does it happen and only occur during certain times of the day or week? Can you check a torrent from http://slackware.com/torrents/ please. The tracker and peers are a good test for any connectivity issues.

Just started happening today.

Although since I my last reply my computer updated (Norton Updates crap) and restarted so I went to go download my original torrent again to see something and now it seems to be fine, slowing done but fine non the less. I swear I restarted my computer.

The only thing I can think of is I had disabled Spybot so it must have started up disabled. Maybe Spybot now that is had a major update to 3.0 or whatever blocks UTorrent or something. Because I noticed with the new version of it it starts with windows now and monitors everything like crazy. I just remember that as I was typing this.

Archived