D/L in file tab is green (never turns blue)

sgn225

I've used utorrent for awhile now and have never had this problem before. When downloading a torrent it will say it is downloading but it only turns green in the files tab. I've read on the faq that the green means that it is actively being downloaded but it won't ever turn blue. I can leave it on all day and it will only actually download around 2% blue and the rest is green. In the pieces tab it looks like it is downloading fine. When I shutdown utorrent and reopen it utorrent all the green is gone and I am left with the small percentage that actually downloaded. I can't finish any torrents like this and they all have many seeds and good availability. Also the speeds will eventually drop down to around 1.0 kb/s and it gives a message at the bottom saying Disk Overload 100%. I have plenty of space on the hard drive. I tried a search and couldn't find any help.

I have two SATA internal drives one for vista and the other for media. The openoffice torrent downloaded fine. It had some green but the blue caught up and it finished fine in under five minutes. Up until last week I had no problems and I can't think of anything that would have changed.

So the problem is some torrents just aren't working, even though they are available? Did you try forcing a re-check? And the torrents, did they have a lot of hashfails? If they hashfail, and never complete even with high availability, the file may be fake.

I have 0 hashfails. When I did a re-check on one of them Utorrent crashed. Here is an example of what is happening: I turned on utorrent and my torrent was at 3.6% it came on with great speeds over 100 kb/s it downloaded up to 5.0%. Then it started downloading the green instead of blue. Then it said disk overloaded 100% and the speeds dropped down to almost nothing. Another re-check and another crash. The torrent isn't fake. I've read comments on it and everyone says it is legit.

Archived