changing external ip addresses closes port

americankluk

I live in the CZ republic and i am using a well pti-845 router. There is no documentation on portforward.com for this specific router. I was able to get into the internal settings for the router online. I set up an internal static ip address for my computer and I forwarded a port. I saved the settings and the utorrent test showed that the port was open, but after a little while it stopped working. The port test showed that the port was no longer open. I saw however that the external ip address had changed. now I have been watching for a few days and I see that my external IP address keeps changing. It switches between at least 3 different addresses. As long as it is on one particular address the port stays open, but when it changes to one of the other addresses the port is closes. can someone tell me how i can fix this?

If it changes to any of 10.x.x.x 172.16.x.x-172.31.x.x or 192.168.x.x (where x is any number between 0 and 255) you will likely not have an open port because your ISP puts you behind transparent NAT and would also accompany that with a transparent proxy. :( Sorry I can't think of the various .cz hosts I have seen to offer alternatives if this happens alot on your ISP.

Archived