separate bandwidth allocation?

monoaural

i was looking at my torrents when i thought 'i wish i could set the upload priority to high and the download priority to low' about a particular torrent. so i wondered if the bandwidth allocation could be made to where you could have different settings for the upstream and down. it may not even be possible; i don't know anything about this stuff.

thanks

Double click on the torrent and set your upload & download rate. It doesn't set priority, but it does specify a send & receive rate which could serve the same purpose. I believe the ratio on the latest beta is 12:1. So, if you upload 4 kB, your max down is 48 kB.

There isn't any thing to separate to begin with. Bandwidth Allocation works only for upload rates because µTorrent can't accurately control how fast other peers send it data to download anyway, so it wouldn't make sense for it to attempt to allocate download bandwidth when it's not really much in control to begin with.

Edit: Clarification.

Bandwidth Allocation was designed to affect upload rates only, and only if an upload limit is set. It's mentioned in the manual as such, and not by mistake. I'm responding directly to monoaural's request to modify Bandwidth Allocation -- nothing more, nothing less.

Archived