utorrent doesnt seem to work

gavhall316

Hi i have been a long time user of azureus, but he stress of slow speeds and screw up finally got to me. utorrent has been recommended so i decided to have a go. However when i run it with a torrent nothing seems to happen, the icon stays with the stop sign and under tracker it says hostname not found, it has done this with all my torrents, and i know the trackers are working as i have been downloading from them before i switched, there are also plenty of seeds. Can anyone offer any advice. I dont use a router and have no firewall switched on. help????????

UDP trackers aren't supported in µTorrent. If you see udp:// in the tracker name, you would see "invalid URL" though.

Hostname not found is a DNS error, and it means your DNS server can't find the hostname for that tracker.

Both Azureus and µTorrent have DHT to find peers without a tracker, but they use different implementations, so you may have trouble finding peers sometimes.

hey nice knowledgable peoples!! just downloaded utorrent today and havent managed to get it working yet - i have read all the topics i can find and nothing has helped - it only stays active for a few second, minutes at most, and then (not responding) crashes - it doesnt crash the whole system or xp, like i have read with a few others - freezes also when the dmp file window comes up, so i have to manually shut it down. Please help, im totally useless at all of this!! ha

Archived