Torrent Error

sam2539

Recently I have been getting the following Error Message and am at a loss to find out how to overcome it.

This is the Error Message:The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

I have looked at a similar post but cannot understand it.

Many thanks to any one who can help.

Regards sam2539

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Using Roxio, by any chance?

I cannot believe how quickly you responded to my problem, thank you so much.

I took your advice. But before I noticed your reply to me I looked at other posts regarding the same problem as mine and noticed that there was a suggestion that it could be related to Google Desktop Search. As it happens I had downloaded and installed Desktop Search and since that time I have been getting the Error message.

I uninstalled Desktop Search and have for the past 45 minutes been downloading with uTorrent and have not had the Error Message. So it appears that Desktop Search was the problem. I will not bother you with the information that I compiled with HijackThis and Process Explorer.

By the way I have not got Roxio on my PC

So onceagain thank you very much

sam2539

Archived