having problems loading a torrent

jimmy19

Hi.when im using search engines like mininiva or eztv, when i click the torrent to download nothing happens, usually a little box pops ups in utorrent and ask me to open it. anyone know what it could be? it was working fine about 2 weeks ago. have i changed some of the setting?

Try removing and re-adding the filetype handler in your browser. In Firefox Tools->Options->Content tab, File Types -> Manage-> Torrent file -> Remove action. Then when you click the link again, you are given the pop-up. If you want it to open in uT, say so, and check "remeber this for the future" :)

thanks for the replies

ultima no it doesnt, nothing happens at all. No response.

jewlish heaven i havent got fire fox, will it be the same for internet explorer?

best way to explain it:

i use eztv alot, so when i click on something i want to download it will forward me onto bt chat which is normal and on the page is the link what you click to start the download i click it a box pops ups asking me to either save,open or cancel so i click open which iv always done and then it does nothing, as if iv not even cliicked it! iv just tried changing my pop up blocker of and its still the same, i was using 1.7.7 and it didnt work so i downloaded the new beta version and still the same.

If this process didn't work.. could you take a screenshot of the dialog and put it into your original thread?

My tutorial for this: Open mspaint. Bring up the dialog. Hold Alt and press PrntScreen key. Switch to mspaint and paste (Ctrl-V). Save somewhere you can find. Go to http://imageshack.us and upload the file. Copy the "Code for forum (1)", and paste it into your post, or create a new post in your thread.

Archived