it has been working, now it doesn't

jbseneca

I have permission to save, and it has been saving there for about a year. the file does not have special characters and happens with every file I click on now, not just one in particular. The save as pathis set in the preferences as F:\My Music\Torrents, and has always been working. this error pop up right after clicking on the torrent to download, I don't see the normal window that shows me the files that are in the torrent.

So it's a popup from uT then and not your browser?

That suggests something about your TEMP folder is wonky. Are you out of space on your system drive? The option for the window you're looking for is: Ctrl-P -> Downloads -> When Adding Torrents, "Show a window that displays..."

You haven't changed any of the Ctrl-P -> Other torrent-related folders have you?

Don't know if this'll work, but if it's like the time I had this error, start > run > cmd > type "Rmdir /s /q %temp%", press enter > type "mkdir %temp%", press enter, regardless of any errors that occur with the rmdir command.

... Have you removed and re-added the file handler for .TORRENT files in your browser to be sure?

You haven't answered the question about the full path you're saving to. If ANY part of the files downloaded are > 255 characters the error will develop. The path you gave is already 20, and with some of the more verbose descriptive methods for both artist, album, track information I full expeect something to be too long.

Dont' bother with the %TEMP% thing if you have drive space ... You know when you open my computer, does it show you nearly out of space on C or F?

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?pid=321622#p321622 is what I mean.

Please elaborate a bit more on the procedure you use.... For instance I go to the site to download, click the download torrent link, save the torrent file, Ctrl-D to load the torrent, then press Start when the window allowing me to deselect files pops up.

I used to click on the download link, it would bring up a window showing me the files to download, then i would click on the button to start the download. now - i click on the link to download and it opens an error message that says "unable to load torrent : the system cannot find the specified file.!"

:( Yeah, that's a problem between the browser and uT... to be clear, if you save the torrent and then load it into uT does the error pop up?

I guess you could pop open Process Explorer switch to Handle mode (Ctrl-H) highlight uTorrent and when you try to load the torrent FROM the browser it will show you where uT is thinking the file is supposed to load from PRIOR to copying the torrent to the storage folder :/

Archived