download speed too slow on 512 MB DSL

khabbab

i m on 512 mb dsl, using aztech router. i have manually forwarded port. m using xp sp1. router firewall is disabled. only nat is enabled. getting download speed 5/6 k and seeds 4(6) peers 21(72) upload speed goes around 7/8 k

Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar (at the bottom of the µTorrent main window) GREEN

What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes PORT IS OPEN

What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be (press Ctrl+G in µTorrent): CONNECTIONS: 90

GLOOBAL CONNECTIONS: 250 UPLOAD LIMIT: 10K UPLOAD SLOTS:4

What you have net.max_halfopen set to (Preferences > Advanced in µTorrent) 8 ALSO TRIED 80 BUT NO AVAIL

Operating system installed (Windows XP, 2000, ME, 98, 95, NT? Something else?) XP SP1

Security software installed (firewall, antivirus, antispyware, antiadware) NOTHING INSTALLED

i have just one torrent downloding and tracker is tpb.tracker.thepiratebay.org

SPEEDTEST RESULTS WHILE ACTIVE TORRENT DOWNLOADING: down 128kb/s up 39kb/s

tried everything, every faq, every guide. kindly help.

btw when i download somthing on download accelerator i get speed 55k approx.

You don't have 512 Mb DSL. perhaps 512 Kbps speedtest? What are your speedtest values for download AND upload.

55 KiBps download sounds likely.. go to http://distribution.openoffice.org/p2p/ download the most recent torrent, load it into uT, and run it for 1-3 minutes. Does it average your experienced 8 KiBps or higher? You can check out the Speed tab and scale back to 5 seconds to see if the rate is consistent.

Archived