Filter Export/Import & Sharing

DigitalisAkujin

I'd like to be able to export and import RSS filters based on a one file configuration that uTorrent will interpret. I don't care what format it is as long as it's easy to edit so websites can start offering uTorrent filters on their site for download to "Subscribe" to the Torrent. This would allow the site owners to setup filters for certain subsections within the torrent instead of making the user do all the work.

I think this feature would significantly add to the way torrents currently propagate and give it a little more automation (similar to podcasts). To make this feature easier to understand to newbies you could call it "Subscribe/Unsubscribe" from "Torrent Filter" or something to that effect.

If I understand you correctly, you want RSS feeds generated from keyword searches. Its a fine idea and some trackers do this already - check out Mininova. They give you an RSS feed for any keyword search you do. The alternative is like ThePirateBay where they publish an RSS feed for each category at a set interval. All the filtering is done on your computer instead of their servers. Its really a choice the web site owners have to make. The RSS feed from a keyword search takes a lot of server resources. The way ThePirateBay is not as easy for the users, but it keeps their site fast.

Filters are added through Ctrl-R. There is no way to automate it.

My previous post still stands. You want any format, your existing rss.dat is bencoded. And the filters you currently have are under the FILTERS dictionary.

In any case, for the two main types of feeds hermanm mentions you would need 1 feed/filter per RSS feed for key-word related ones, BUT for the category types of RSS feeds you can have 1 feed, and MULTIPLE filters. That's what the "filter" key under each filter entry in the "filters" dictionary is, the representation of what you're pruning the feed to look for what to download. Contrarily the "not_filter" is what will NOT match it.

Specifically not the ability to simply be able to save filters.

What I would like uTorrent to support is the ability for me on a website to be able to provide a link for people that when they click that link it will add a certain torrent feed to their list which would automatically download from the list all torrents with certain options.

The problem right now with the current modal of RSS feeds is that users need to specifically create their own filters with RSS feeds which Joe Shmoe the regular user won't ever do and even if you are a nerd it's a pain in the ass to set it up.

For example, TV shows & Anime. I'd rather subscribe to a certain list rather then manually set up RSS feeds for each series I'm currently watching.

This is my specific request. Not the above interpretations.

;) K that explains things a bit better. However there is still no way to auto-add something to uT. You either add it manually (through Ultima's BFE) with uT closed, or you add it via Ctrl-R.

Understand that in 1.8 there is an automatic * filter created when you add a feed and enable "automatically add items" Example dialog below:addrss18qr7.th.png

The point being if the site creates feeds.... you can use them with one click... well two. One click on the toolbar, or a right click on RSS and a left click on add feed.

Archived