nat error

EGL22

• 1 year later...

Had my first run-in with avirus/worm. Good old Norton2007 claimed it had quarantined the bad bits and everything was fine. Except it didnt restore to its proper state after restarting etc etc. I elected to wipe the hard drive and do a fresh reinstall of XP2 Home and chose to buy AVG Internet security as my new AV program. Is there a guide here for AVG firewall settings to get the best out of utorrent (1.7.5)? I tried doing a search for AVG but got no hits.

• 2 months later...

OK so my uTorrent was working perfectly fine, then all of a sudden one day my computer stops recognizing that my port is opened, even though I had the setting set perfectly. I even have tried this on two seperate routers, so I have no clue what to do. And i even set up another computer on the same network right so its not the IP. Any idea as to what to do?

Well go through the Setup guide again (3rd link on Guides page found below) Also read through the entry http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Incompatible_software for the 4226 patch, that's essentially the tcpip.sys patch people perform when they modify said advanced setting.

If you set it up the same on both routers it may be that another program is using that port?? Are you using some high number port (above 50000 is usually what I see people using)?

• 11 months later...

Hi,

I've got a problem. uTorrent won't download any faster than 50-60 kb/s, this has started about a month a go. I've installed Azureus, i thought: maybe it's the client, but he also wouldn't download any faster. What uTorrent didn't tell me but Azureus does, is that I've got a NAT-problem. I've also port forwarded my router, and configured the good port in uTorrent. Does anyone have an idea? Thanks in advance,

Greetings,

Bosaapje

(Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch)

Archived