file->add torrent cases utorrent to crash

OgBad

TrueCrypt has never given me problems. File isn't loaded anywhere on my current version of TrueCrypt, though I don't have the interface running right now, it's not needed till you mount/dismount volumes. Even then I have batch files operate by command line including the quit switch. I'll check again with the interface open after I update to the latest version. (5.0 right now, 5.1a is current).

Checked, and that file you mentioned isn't even on my drive. TrueCrypt wouldn't need to inject anyway, it uses a driver (named truecrypt.sys I believe) to emulate a drive, and performs encryption/decryption OTF as you read/write from either a file hosted container, or a partition(s).

i think the problem would be solved if i could permanently delete the aclayers.dll file. There doesn't seem to be any other programs using it and when it's not there all the programs work fine. The only problem is that windows (or something) replaces the file immediately after i delete it.

----edit----

I found a solution: change the permissions on ACLAYERS so that all privileges are denied to everyone. Is kind of a duct tape solution but it works.

the diagnostic programs where pivotal to finding the file in the first place so thanks.

Archived