The % uploaded by users is consistently at 0%

farrah

Hello there,

I was wondering if anyone can help with this issue. When other users upload files from me, their % upload is always at 0%, even if they have uploaded more than the original file size (is that even possible??). It's important as the status of my files are that no-one has completed uploading them.

Could anyone help?

Farrah

Yes the first part is correct.

Yes, the % column in the peers tab is consistently at 0% even though people are uploading from me. This means that my file looks as though it has never been uploaded (though it has) and therefore other people cannot seed this file.

What does your term "uploading from me" actually mean? You mean downloading, or what?

Does the status of the torrent clearly show "seeding"? And some clients such as Opera or libtorrent dont update the % on-the-fly. If you stop the torrent and then re-start, the % should be up to date in the peers tab.

Indeed, when you are uploading TO someone, if you're looking at it from their perspective it's only downloading we're talking about :P Not a problem, sounds like a linguistic difference, heh

As far as the 0%, indeed as torrero says, many clients don't update the % each piece.. which would be needless overhead. In fact uT updates the % after it receives HAVE messages. Many clients group these after a certain timeframe. For instance, it seems uT tries to bundle them together every .5% or 2 minutes, depending on the speed of the torrent. You can see these messages yourself IF YOU WISH (note it will add ALOT of data to look through) by right clicking in the Peers tab and selecting Log Peer Traffic. This will show all the data the peers for the current torrent are sending you in the Logger tab. You will want to turn it off by right-clicking and enabling or dis-abling any of the additional logging options there.

Archived