Possible unintended behavior in Automatic RSS download code

TimeHorse

In version 1.8 Beta Build 9363, I have noticed when I create a new RSS feed and set it to "Automatically Download" everything it sees, then delete some of those downloads, torrent and data because I don't really want all of them, the next time the RSS refreshes, they are redownloaded and I keep having to delete them. Shouldn't uTorrent remember that an entry was "Previously Downloaded" and thus not download it again when the RSS updates? Or is it the intention that if you have an Auto-Download RSS feed you are REQUIRED to download EVERYTHING in that feed, even when you identify false positives.

Not necessairily a bug, but I would appreciate some guidence as to whether this is intended behavior.

No, because I'm not trying to test whether I can stop the torrent from downloading in the first place, I am trying to test whether, after it matches and I delete it, will uTorrent allow it to stay deleted or is it supposed to forget the fact that the torrent status was "Already Downloaded" and when the update comes, it assume that since it is "Already Downloaded", it will not try to download it again. I'm not saying this is a bug, just that it is a POSSIBLE bug, depending on what the developers intended. As a user, I would assume that once deleted, it stays deleted. If that's not the case, that's perfectly fine with me because I am an expert with Regular Expressions and could easily come up with a pattern to filter out the chaff. I simply want to test question of whether deleting a torrent attached from a Download All Feed can stay deleted.

That having been said, I think it IS a good idea to perform the same test with a filtered feed to see if the same issue of a torrent not staying deleted occurs.

Also, I need to clarify that the particular RSS feed that is exhibiting this behavior is a custom feed from MiniNova (which is already partially filtered).

Anyway, thanks for the idea DWK. I'll let you know the results of that test here.

Archived