Question about the Swarm.

bostonjoe311

When you are able to achive good download speeds with the Slackware or OpenOffice torrents but not with other torrents, is it always a problem with the swarm? The reason I ask is because my download speeds used to be faster than my upload speeds. Yet recently, it seems like every torrent I download is either slower than my upload or no faster than the upload speed. It certainly helps my ratio because I am typically uploading much more than I am downloading, but it does not help my patience. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The reason I asked this question was to see if I do have a setup problem. When I first started using utorrent several months ago I used the setup guide to the "T". After following the guide, I enjoyed decent download speeds (~100 to 200 kB/s) on most public torrents, and I belive the OpenOffice torrent reached speeds of about 300kB/s. I'd say that's pretty good considering my upload rate is 50 kB/s. About a week ago I noticed a decline in download speeds on all public torrents, and like I said I can still get good download rates with the OpenOffice torrent. Considering that my download rates were good, but now they are not, is it possible that my settings are suddenly incorrect? Or is it more likely that I have stumbled on to some bad swarms?

Archived