Connectable Status Off and On

Abicio

Hi everyone,

My connectable status keeps switching on and off. I went through the entire guide for setting up a static IP, uTorrent settings, port forwarding etc. After going through all these steps, I was finally connectable. However, I keep walking away from the comp and coming back to find I'm unconnectable again at the tracker. If I restart uTorrent, I'm connectable again. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Any Internet security software? Any routers? What makes/models? What's NAT icon at the bottom of µT say? If it doesn't change to yellow after a while when the tracker says your unconnectable, the tracker might be messed up.

I'm using Sophos for antivirus but nothing else for internet security. I hate Symantec. I'm using a motorola surfboard model connected to a NetGear WGT624 version 3 router. Sometimes the NAT icon will claim that the port is not open. I've gone in an ensured its open in the settings for the router and it is. If I restart uTorrent, that all fixes itself.

Motorola Surfboards sometimes create there own NAT or something and need forwarding, I think some can be portforwarded, and others not. What model Surfboard? Try bypassing your netgear, and trying to get into the Surfboards settings.

Archived