Moving completed downloads during seeding

kiirastacia

I store things in several different places on my computer (Read: I have multiple HDD). I usually have one folder that keeps all my completed downloads until they finish seeding. I am trying to find out what the easiest method of moving files to a new location without interrupting the seeding process. I typically seed to 200% so it can take a while for large amounts of data (and they clog my drive).

Ideally, I would like to share a few different folders in different locations, but I don't want to move the files until they have downloaded completely and I have scanned them with an AV.

So I am wondering if there is some idiot-proof method I have missed or can I do this?

Thanks,

Kiirastacia

If you want to physically move the files, you must stop the torrent first. 1.8 beta has a feature called "Relocate" under the Files tab. After you move the files, you can use the Relocate feature to point to the new location. Finally, start the torrent. If you're torrents go back to 100%, Relocation was performed successfully. If your torrent is 0%, then you need to do the Relocate action again.

Augment the multiple\sub-labelling feature which exists, and apply the scanning method under torrent properties, advanced should work...

You need to 1) set the completed folder to something like F:\Downloads , 2) apply label to directory name, 3) use "Movies\Horror" or the analog .. 4) if necessary, create the empty "movies" on your base volume to junction to your alternate volume. 5) apply the junction using compmgmt.msc

Archived