UTorrent mobile client

mr sharpoblunto

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have checked it multiple times ! i can access it with the same username pass from a browser on my pc !

**edit**

i asked my friends to check .. on a Nokia and a windows mobile .. both could login properly and see my torrents ... but i cannot access from my phone

If that was the case webUI/Mobile client should not have worked anywhere?? It is working on browsers and some mobiles other than mine.

(Nokia 5800 and a Windows mobile.. both were able to see my torrents)

Anyways i am checking if i can get the Loopback to work ..

I think its an issue with uncertified application. Maybe my mobile is doing something weird with to the encoding of username and password.

Oh, uh, it slipped my mind that you were using this via your phone's Internet connection (not your own LAN). That's odd. It probably has to do with the issue mr sharpoblunto mentioned before. Something sitting between your phone and your computer (possibly the phone service carrier) is stripping the authentication header before it ever reaches µTorrent. Your best bet may be to hope that mr sharpoblunto releases the proxy he mentioned in the above-linked post.

A friend of mine had the same kind of problem with a different application. He copy-pasted a certificate from a different JAD file re-installed it. The phone this time detected the application as trusted and the application worked.

The problem i cannot find any free application that is certified !

Not sure what to say then... I don't know much about how Java works on mobile devices, but I can certainly imagine the lack of some kind of security certificate to be a potential reason why a phone might not allow credentials to be sent. You may want to wait for mr sharpoblunto to weigh in on the matter -- he may be more familiar with it all.

If worse comes to worse, and you really can't figure out how to run this application on your phone, then one alternative might be to use Opera Mini with some other web-based UI for mobile devices, like MiniUI.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

iam download the mobile client of utorrent. but i open the application their is an error show on the screen. ie, make sure ur ip server and the port number are correct. what is the ip server and port number? and also what is the user name and password typed on their. iam using sony ericsson w810i. my email id is- noufalcyousaf@gmail.com.... iam waiting for ur reply.....

A little note for people using the latest version on Blackberry: I installed this on the Curve 8330 on Verizon (in case that matters). When trying to use it, I initially could not, as I was getting error "Server Not Found". I turned on the WebUI logging in uTorrent (2.1 Beta, 1.8 does not have afaik), and the HTTP GET was leaving off the token part of the URL. I made sure I was using the latest mobile client (1.6, with token auth). I then suspected BIS (Blackberry Internet Service) was cutting it off for some reason, so I turned off the token auth in uTorrent. After that, it worked fine. I hope there is a fix for this soon, but until then, just turn off token auth in the advanced settings to get it to work. Sorry Ultima, I know this is not ideal, but it's what will let it work. Thanks for all the discussion on the forums, that and my own research helped me figure it out.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, I've been away for a while and I've just rebuilt my PC so I have no dev environment set up as yet. I'm in the middle of building a new site to host my apps etc. but that should be ready soon. Anyway for the moment I can answer a few questions

I've noticed a few people cannot access my site. This is because its currently hosted on godaddy which is blocked in china :) my new site will be hosted elsewhere and will not have this issue.

@solnyshok ssl support is not on the cards at the moment. J2me and self signed ssl certificates don't play nicely.

@ultima. I don't know for a fact but my old cell provider definately stripped the auth header on all of utorrent mobiles requests, I don't know the reason but I suspect that it was because it was an uncertified app. However my new provider does not strip the headers, so its obviously not totally standard practise. Anyway once I've got my new site up and running I'll publish the authentication proxy tool.

@knw257 Its interesting that the token param is stripped. The mobile client should request token.html and extract the token, and from then on include that token in all requests. I've seen a few reports of people having issues with token auth, however it works fine for my so I'm not sure where the problem lies.

Ultima do you think that clients could optionally include the token as a custom http header rather than as part of the request url if it does turn out that some providers strip the token from the request?

Ok, i've been trying to figure this out. I have a BB Bold 9000 with os 4.6, i'm running utorrent 1.8.5 and the latest utorrent mobile client. I keep getting this error:

Server not found

Make sure the IP and ort settings are correct

Details:

java.io.IOException: TCP read timed out TCP read timed out

Any help is appreciated.

@ndhaliwal Do you have a firewall thats blocking incoming connections to the webui, or perhaps a router port forwarding problem?

Anyway in other news my new site is up. The version of utorrent mobile is the same and should download/install same as before, but if theres any problems, let me know.

The proxy authentication tool is also now available for download (see first post in this thread) for people that are having issues with authentication (t3ra etc...). bear in mind that this won't fix any server not found errors, but rather issues where the username/password always seems to be incorrect even though you are sure you are using the correct details.

• 1 month later...

Archived