UTorrent mobile client

mr sharpoblunto

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I would appreciate a little help. I don't see anyone else in the thread who's gotten quite the same error I'm getting... Installed the jad, running Windows Mobile 6.5 and Java 20091109.3.1 on an HTC HD2. I put in the server information and hit OK and get the error

Server not found

Make sure the IP and Port settings are correct

Details:

java.lang.SecurityException: Application not authorized to access the restricted API

Application not authorized to access the restricted API.

This looks to me like a Java error, or a system permission error, but I'm not turning up any solutions here or on Google. Any help for me?

• 2 weeks later...

Great! It works on my nokia e51! Thanks for this nice little app! I have to find out how to comfortably add torrents though...

@bigtry

Make sure you have no dynamic ip, otherwise check the forums for the workaround with no-ip. You need a domain then. Also make sure your port is forwarded properly. And the exception in your firewall etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Please don't ignore my question. I do not know that what to give as Server IP, username and password? Port number showing 6881. Currently, I am using Grameenphone(mobile company) network in Bangladesh. I use Nokia N86. Now I am using the software-'SymTorrent' for torrent download.

Any chance you can release a new version that will work with 2.0.1 please?

edit- i should say i am running 2 versions of ut and 1.8.1 works fine.

with 2.0.1 i can access the webui just fine with FF and even with Opera Mini on my phone(although cant add torrents etc) but the phone app keeps getting an error when trying to connect to 2.0.1.

Its a great app and would love to be able to use it with the latest ut version :)

@Abhik the IP, username, and password are the IP of the PC running uTorrent, and the username and password you set for the webUI on that machine. It sounds like you are actually using your phone as a bittorrent client. uTorrent Mobile is NOT a BT client, its simply a means to remotely access uTorrent running on a PC somewhere.

@villapark75 Thanks for the heads up, I wasn't aware that there were issues with 2.0.1, I'll look into getting a dev environment set up again in the near future and looking into the problem.

I managed to put together a quick fix from the source so that the client can now connect to 2.0.1, only one tiny change was needed in the source

Line 251 of uTorrent.java is "catch (TokenExpiredException e) {", because of this when connecting to 2.0.1 with token auth enabled the client never actually tries to get a token, and ends up throwing a ServerNotFoundException for an invalid request (HTTP error 400). If you change this line to "catch (Exception e) {" to catch the ServerNotFoundException as well then it refreshes the token and auths correctly.

I'll leave it to the author to update the code and release an official build of this, the one I just built hasn't got versioning etc set up so it won't upgrade the already installed app.

Edit: actually, since the developer has no eta on when he can fix this himself I have uploaded a version with my fix to http://users.tpg.com.au/spootle/uTorrent161.zip. You will need to uninstall the old version (remember your settings before doing this!) then install this one (or leave the old one installed and run them side by side if you want). The only change in this one is fixed token auth for 2.0.1 and updated version number to 1.61.

• 2 weeks later...

after insalling app on phone when i fill the form .and click on ok.....it just says that plz chek ip and port setting ........ can any one tell me what i have to filled in server port coloum so that i can acces that app. or if u have any other idea plz plz plz tell me :( and =( produces

plz plz plz plz plz help meeeeee

after insalling app on phone when i fill the form .and click on ok.....it just says that plz chek ip and port setting ........ can any one tell me what i have to filled in server port coloum so that i can acces that app. or if u have any other idea plz plz plz tell me sad and sad produces

plz plz plz plz plz help meeeeee

What version of utorrent are you running?

Is there any option to upload the .torrent directly from the phone's memory? I can't seem to find it...

The problem is that my Nokia 5800's browser gives me a hard time copying the .torrent's URL when I download from my private tracker, but I have no problem downloading the .torrent... if I could just then upload the .torrent this app would be awesome.

If the app doesn't let you upload a .torrent file maybe you could find some kind of ftp upload app that sends the .torrent to a folder on your uTorrent PC and set uTorrent to automatically add .torrents added to that folder, then control and monitor the torrent download using this app?

it doesn't LET me personally or the feature doesn't exist?

And no, I'm not setting up a remote FTP access to my computer... utorrent's webUI is supposed to simplify the process of remotely managing your torrents, what you describe is waaaaaay out of the scope of simplicity.

The feature doesn't exist, this app can only currently add files to webui by URL which "must be a publicly accessible url without the use of cookies" (from the source code comments).

This feature wouldn't be too difficult to add, but since this isn't my app I'm not about to go adding features to it, you'll have to see if the app owner wants to add this for you.

• 1 month later...

Hi everybody, its been a long time but I've finally got around to getting my j2me dev environment back up and running!

I've released the official build of 1.61 which fixes the problems people have been experiencing with 2.0.1. Also thanks to spootle for alerting me to the fix. I didn't fix it quite the same way that you did for various reasons but It's fixed now nonetheless :)

It seems that 2.0.1 changed the way the token authentication system worked. Pre 2.0.1 if you didn't include a valid token the server would return an http 300 (which is in the API specification), however it now returns a 400 which caused a false server not found exception to be thrown. So it would be a good idea for whoever maintains the API docs to update this bit of info to save other devs some frustration.

@Calleja I've played around with adding torrents from the phones filesystem but never quite got it working right. However its still on my todo list if I get time.

Quick update... I've got adding torrents from the phones filesystem working! I need to do some more testing/polishing but I should be able to release 1.70 in a few days :)

EDIT: Actually I think I've got it all working now so I'm releasing early! If your phone supports filesystem access then you'll have a new option 'Add torrent file' in 1.7 which will allow you to browse your phones memory for .torrent files to upload.

Not working here (using official 170, uTorrent 2.0.3 and webui v370, webui working in mobile phone browser).

I get this:

"Server not found"

Make sure the IP and port settings are correct

Details:

Response code: 502

I typed:

Server IP: hostname of my pc

port: (the portnumber I use for utorrent, working in mobile phone browser)

user/pw: the user/pw from utorrent webui

an http 502 error is typically related to an error with your connection to the server, possibly because of firewalls/intermediary proxies etc...

Http 502 definition: 'The server was acting as a gateway or proxy and received an invalid response from the upstream server.'

Are you sure you have entered the correct ip and port settings?

Yup, I retyped it 4 times now. Use the exact same IP (lala.dyn-o-saur.com, currently offline cos my pc is off, its a dyndns account wich checks my IP address) and port when I use Opera Mini to browse to webgui and that works.

Perhaps I need to type the IP address itself instead of hostname? Will try later at home.

Great job, i can confirm the add torrent from phones file system works a treat :thumbsup:

It used to be a pain adding torrents from non-gazelle private trackers, but its so easy now. Just download the .torrent to your phone and then use this app to add it to utorrent directly from your phone :)

Great work, i was hoping this feature would eventually be implemented..and you delivered :)

Edit- just incase it matters im using old SE phone W200i

Archived