Do you think there should be a wiki about utorrent?

lament

Personally, I say yes.

It's true that this program is small, so the wiki won't be that big.

But for questions that come up time and time again, or to clarify certain things (like the wonky way that setting ratios are handled), I think this would benefit.

What do you think?

I Wouldn't Bother, Myself. IRC Channel, FAQ and a Forum.. Seems rather enough for such a simple program. Most of the questions repeat themselves so an FAQ sorts out most of that.

But isn't it easier to go to a searchable wiki than to have to read through a FAQ or search through a forum?

proper documentation is essential for any program.

Yeah, and even if the FAQ weren't a post (but rather, on a separate, dedicated page), you can still search through it using your browser's "Find..." tool.

you guys are missing the point.

a wiki is a collaborative community project that is edited, maintained, and improved by the community, and organized to find information easy.

a FAQ is questions and answers that the admins/moderators can only update.

we're discussing a wiki here, not a FAQ.

We're discussing if a wiki would be useful, as the topic title you wrote says.

Again, I dont believe a wiki is needed for such a small program with rather a simple use. Most things are just "Click the options page and read the english description" style. Just my thoughts.

But isn't it easier to go to a searchable wiki than to have to read through a FAQ or search through a forum?
80% of application users don't read the documentation/readme anyways.

Ask questions first, research later :)

the wiki will help the ignorant.

If you wish to contribute, there are other ways. To conclude my opinion here, I do agree a wiki is useful generally, but i dont believe it will help much in our case. Also, Having a wiki just because <insert popular application with a wiki here> has one, doesn't mean µTorrent needs one.

Keep in mind, though, again, that this is solely my thoughts on the idea, and not anyone else's. :)

Archived