Do you think there should be a wiki about utorrent?

lament

I think a well moderated wiki-style online system would be great.

But there are those who have a small bandwidth (eg dialup etc) or older computer for which a downloadable version (CHM/PDF) would be brilliant.

The downloadable version should cover the basic operations and features of µTorrent in minor detail and describe flags etc and a basic FAQ about NAT resolution and connectability. Beyond that users should refer to the wiki.

I could offer considerable time to such a project as i'm stuck at home disabled.

A wiki about µTorrent would be about 3 pages big. :P

The program is not that difficult to understand.

Wait.. you were the one thinking that ports 6881-6889 are the ports you should be using for BitTorrent.

The wiki could easily include an entry discussing the bandwidth throttling on those ports and not to use them. :)

Not everyone has an understanding of this client inside and out.

With each new version comes new features and changes, and without a wiki, there's a barage of "what does this do" questions in the forum.

And seriously - who cares how small/big the wiki is? Having all the information on a program in one easily-referenced searchable spot benefits everyone.

Bump.

I think that utorrent should have a wiki, but also just a simple one. Just one that explains utorrent itself, and not one that explains the rest of BitTorrent, since that information can already be found elsewhere (and probably more complete, too.)

A simple wiki should be used, therefore, and not something like MediaWiki, which is better for much larger community wikies.

Archived