utorrent download speed is crippled

Holyboy27

I don't know why but maybe this will help you guys to enlighten me. utorrent.jpg

What am I doing wrong? My upload speed is around 20 kBps so I set my upload limit to 15kBps.

And while utorrent downloads at very low speed, around 10kBps usually less until 0.1kBps, Bitcomet manages to download at 60kBps, constant.

I am very interested in using utorrent and has even started downloading my files in utorrent but the speed is kinda frustrating. I hope to switch to utorrent permanently, since I realized that I can upload files better and faster through utorrent.

Also, I did not set up static IP. Does that affect my downloading and uploading speed?

Connections 1000, Max active torrents 100. loooool

You should use the xx/128k or xx/192k settings for your connection type.

btw, your download speed is so poor, because there is 0 seed and you are connected to 2 peers out of possible 7. What is the availability? If its <1.000 you will most likely never finish this torrent...

No, I don't mean that file only. I took the screenshot after shifting the other files to bitcomet for downloading. The file in the screenshot is generally slow.

So, is the connection 1000 and max active torrents 100 OK? or should i put it lower?

Your Singapore ISP is very BitTorrent-hostile...and hostile to almost any international traffic in general.

Connections max for your connection should probably be under 100 total and per-torrent.

Max active and max downloading torrents should probably be no more than 3.

Even that will probably be too high, but I'm assuming your connection isn't throttled...which it almost certainly is!

The latest uTorrent v1.8 beta may do a little better, due to less "noisy" behavior under hostile ISPs. You'll probably need to disable most of uTorrent's extra features...such as UPnP, DHT, Resolve IPs, and Local Peer Discovery though.

If you don't get the green light at the bottom in uTorrent, then your download and upload speeds MAY suffer worse than otherwise...as you are firewalled that way and cannot download/upload to other firewalled peers and seeds.

Archived