Insufficient system resources is a Kaspersky bug!

Firon

There's been many posts recently complaining about an Insufficient system resources error in µTorrent.

This is a bug with Kaspersky internet security. Temporarily uninstall it and pay attention to their forums until they fix it.

Edit: Attempt a base update in KIS, it seems like they fixed the problem.

• 1 month later...

I use AVG and also get this error. AVG is up to date, this error happened with AVG 7 and also happens with AVG 8. I've never had kaspersky, so I dont think you can blame this error on them alone. I will try uninstalling AVG when I get home but I doubt it is that. It can't be every antivirus causing the problem. Is there an antivirus that is known to not cause this problem? I am willing to try it to see if it really is an AV thing. It seems to happen more often with large torrents, but not always, it happens both when downloading and when seeding.

OK I'll try your suggestion first jewelisheaven before removing AVG. By 'uT folder' do you mean the app data utorrent folder? Where the utorrent exe is? Or the folder that i'm actually downloading the files to? Added all three to the active scanning exceptions list just in case. Will see how it goes and report back.

Yeah I meant your Downloading folder in Preferences. For people who don't trust others (which is good practice of course) and wish to scan files with A/V you only need to scan it when finished, as uT doesn't do anything stupid like Explorer and try to "preview" files before it's finished and therefore nothing is lost waiting to active-scan until the files are moved to your Completed folder...

Hopefully that removes the problem. That this problem doesn't only manifest with KAV suggests it's some API or function all these programs use which causes problems when in-line with uT... I don't know how one determines chain-of-events but that's probably in the call stack of Process Explorer when you see the popup dialog.

Thanks for your help and the clarification but unfortunately it didnt resolve the issue. Even tried completely disabling active scan but it still didnt work. I will unistall AVG to confirm if it is the one causing it.

EDIT: Well I uninstalled it and so far the error hasnt reappeared. I will continue testing it overnight to make sure but so far it seems AVG may be the problem after all. Can anyone suggest a decent antivirus that wont cause this problem?

EDIT 2: Ok its been running for several hours now and the error hasnt reappeared. So I think its safe to say AVG was the problem. What I don't understand is why not everyone who has utorrent and AVG gets this problem. I feel like there must be more to it. Oh well, AVG will stay gone for now, still looking for a replacement.

EDIT 3: Just for anyone else that has this problem, I replaced AVG with Avast and the problem hasn't come back, so that would be the antivirus that I would recommend.

Archived