uTorrent is somehow limiting/blocking other Internet programs!

Cr4z33

I've got latest stable v1.7.7 release since it's initial day.

However today I am getting all the time a strange problem whenever uTorrent is running.

All other Internet programs (i.e. browser, streaming apps, msn, etc., etc.) get poor or no connection at all! :|

The fact is that if I check the bandwidth usage in NetLimiter Pro v2.x, uTorrent looks OK (it's like 20 KB Down/5 KB Up on a 4 Megs/320 Kb line).

As soon as I close uTorrent the problem disappears.

Please help me. :(

Nope of the suggestions worked.

And, I repeat, it has started doing it *today* and not since day 1 of the v1.7.7 update.

I hope to solve this problem because I don't want to have to use another Torrent program.

Oh, and if I wasn't clear enough, uTorrent is working fine all the time but the other apps.

OK here we go:

- Color of the network status light in µTorrent's status bar: green

- What the port checker from the Speed Guide writes:

Welcome to the µTorrent Port Checker.

A test will be performed on your computer to check if the specified port is opened.

Checking port 2**** on 81.174.*.***...

OK! Port 2**** is open and accepting connections.

You will be able to receive incoming BitTorrent connections.

- What the Speed Guide shows your settings to be: Upl. limit 0 kB/s; Upl. Slots 50; Conn. 125; Conn. (global) 1000; Max act. torrents 25; Max. act. down. 25

- What you have net.max_halfopen set to: 8

- Operating system installed: Windows XP SP2 Professional

- Security software installed: ZoneAlarm Pro v6.1.744.001; NetLimiter Pro v2.0.7.1; Webroot Spy Sweeper v4.5.9.709; Kaspersky Anti-Virus v7.0.0.125

- Exact router model(s), and exact modem model: ZyXEL P-661H-D1

- ISP (Internet Service Provider) being used: NGI SpA (Italy)

- Connection type: ADSL

- Speed Test: Down 16922 msec and 2420.51 Kbps / Up 1094 msec and 37441.55 Kbps (what???)

The first Speed Test was done with an Italian server (Libero.it a big Italian ISP) and the upload speed was crazy if you look at. ;)

Oh I and I had to give up using uTorrent.

Even with the suggested settings after a while it eats the whole bandwidth no matter if I control it with NetLimiter or not.

And, I repeat, from one day to another. :(

It's because uTorrent has a bad habit of not closing connections it made, you chose 80 connections for global limit and firewall shows 300, half quarter or not, connection is a connection, tracker/seeds/peers are ok, what are the other ips ?. That makes other programs can't have enough bandwidth or it leads to packet loss and you have poor connection on everything else like games.

This leads another question. uTorrent grants access to ips other than trackers suggest ? OMG. I should not see any ips, on my firewall, connected other than trackers report. Right ?

It's because uTorrent has a bad habit of not closing connections it made

only when software firewall software doesn't let them close properly.

I monitor uTorrent using TCPView and I do NOT see the same behavior as you, but I use a router for my firewall and don't bog my system down with an unnecessary software package.

The first Speed Test was done with an Italian server (Libero.it a big Italian ISP) and the upload speed was crazy if you look at.

I understood that. I was asking if you tested other servers in Italy (hence the plural).

It's because uTorrent has a bad habit of not closing connections it made

http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=36042

You'll find that someone claimed the same exact thing before, but realized afterwards that it was his/her buggy firewall that was causing the problem, not µTorrent. I too monitored µTorrent with TCPView, and saw nothing out of the ordinary.

Archived