Not Sure What to do

beasley740

It takes me like 3 days to download anything. It usually says one of two things which is no incoming connections could indicate a problem with your network configuration. or it says not connectable a firewall/ router is limiting your network traffic. I have 2 different computers one has windows vista and the other has windows 2000 pro. I have a sprint modem and a linskys router the sprint model number is sp-660ME-61. The linskys model number is BEFSR41 ver 4.3. How can i fix this please help.

• 2 weeks later...

Soooooooo you're saying you think the Sprint modem is firewalling? Go to the Linksys's status page, what is the WAN IP and WAN gateway? If the WAN IP starts with 192.168, 10, or 172.something, then go to http://192.168.1.1 where 192.168.1.1 is your WAN gateway address. You may need to bypass the router for this. If the WAN IP does start with one of those, and you get into the modem, look for portforwarding, if you have it, there are several ways to proceed from there. Also check for connection type: PPPoE/PPPoA.

Archived