Mouse wont work when Utorrent is on

samaln

This is extremely weird! I have had Utorrent since it first came out. I have never had a problem with it. Within the last few days whenever I start using it my mouse slows down so much it is not functional! My computer goes normal speed and I know this because I manually get into other programs and sites through my keyboard which is rediculous. Does anyone know how to correct this?

.... uhhhh, what kind of mouse is it? If it's wireless are you sure you're not too far from the AP or out of battery? If it's USB are you using it through a hub? The latter is an exceptional case if you're using an external hard drive to save data. Be sure the USB controllers are 2.0 compliant to accommodate the data rate and allow for mouse movement.

Do you use any "helper" applications or program suite (logitech loves to bundle theirs for ex) with your input device? Can you try stopping it. There really is no causality I can forsee, but the correlation is likely bus overload.

It is a logitech wireless mouse. I am not too far and not low on battery. I have had the same mouse for 3 years and never had a problem with utorrent. I have not installed anything new since the problem started. Once Utorrent starts within seconds the mouse slows down and barely moves and the only way to fix this is to restart the computer and if I dont use utorrent it works perfectly.

Wellll after looking at your running processes :( No clue. The Process Explorer DLL list of utorrent.exe will show active CPU % usage on all running process, it's possible something is simply killing responsiveness, and if not I'd recommend starting to turn off unnecessary processes one by one until it goes away. Do you remember changing anything in the last week? What about an update to NAV or your drivers in Windows?

The only thing I have changed in the past week is I added pcmark and I tried to uninstall it and wont let me. I highly doubt that has anything to do with this. I have uninstalled Utorrent and reinstalled it and still get the same problem! I just don't get it.

O23 - Service: Symantec Network Drivers Service (SNDSrvc) - Symantec Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\SNDSrvc.exe

Something tells me you didn't cleanly uninstall Symantec... Removal tool? Afterwards...

a) get HijackThis from trendsecure.com, run it, view the log, and post the contents here

B) get Process Explorer from sysinternals.com, run it, Ctrl+D (to show the lower DLL pane), select the µTorrent process from the list, Ctrl+S (and save the list somewhere you'll find easily -- like the Desktop), then post the contents of the saved process list in the .txt file here

Yes, that means both, not just the HijackThis! log.

Archived