Openings a download file app from torrents

help02

ok, i very new to torrents and nervous about the spyware involved in torrents but w/e. I download a file using torrents and it seemed to be going fine but now that it's downloaded, it's not opening up (on windows media) Can i please have some help? Thank you very much.

First of all, you can rest assured that µTorrent contains no spyware. Your problem probably lies with a lack of codecs. Your best bet would be to obtain DivX and XviD, since those two MPEG-4 flavors are the most commonly used ones. If they still don't play, try using GSpot to determine the codec it uses and use Google to find binaries for that codec.

In the case that you consider yourself to be low-intelligence, you could try using a codec pack such as CCCP. However, I highly recommend against using codec packs since first off, they bloat your system with unnecessary filters, causing a longer load time when DirectShow builds the filter graph. Simply put, it takes files much longer to load.

uhh ok. Thank you very much for all your help. Nothing happened tho, with the DiVX, the file doesn't even show up and for the rest didn't work either.

The file is a TORRENTS file . That's how it comes up in my documents. do you have any other ideas? if not, thank you for your time and happy holidays!

Uhm, if you've downloaded a .torrent file, open up µTorrent, File ► Add Torrent... (choose the folder where the torrent is) and click on Open. A .torrent file only contains instructions as to where and how your originally requested file is to be obtained/downloaded. No wonder your torrent file didn't play in Media Player! :P

Archived