Just loaded vista and can't load a torrent in utorrent

tiger8384

Hi I am sorry if I made a new thread but I just installed vista into my computer and now for some reason I can't use utorrent.

When I click on file and then click on new torrent and try to load it; I get an error message that says Unable to save torrent and then it gives the name of the torrent. I don't have any idea on how to fix this problem can someone help me please.

I am not sure if I was clear enough. My problem is that I want to download a torrent with utorrent but before that I need to load the torrent into utorrent so it will start to download. But when I try to load the torrent into utorrent to download I get an error message that says unable to save torrent and then it gives the torrent's name.

so because I can't load the torrent into utorrent I can't download the file. does this make sense I hope so because; if I can't download using utorrent as far as I am conserned I will go back to XP because I use my computer for downloading and watching what I download. If I can't do that wtf.

Or by some chance using vista does Utorrent work different than with XP Some of my other programs seem to run differently so it is possible that utorrent does too. What about this?

I tried to download a torrent called slackware-10-2-iso.torrent and I got this error message "unable to save torrent to .torrent

C:\USER\HP\slackware-10-2-iso.torrent." Again I could not load this torrent into utorrent to download it

I don't understand this error message although I think I should

Log out and log in as Administrator into Vista. If the error message goes away, its a permissions issue. The normal login you use does not have permission to write to that folder. While logged in as Administrator, give your normal login Administrator privilege. Some background on Vista permissions: http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Windows/en-US/help/f941cb45-b2cd-4b39-ab87-cb9ea959f44e1033.mspx

I truely don't know but I will try to find out. I was under the impression that I was logged on as admin because I am the only one who uses this computer. I will do the best that I can thanks for the information. I will get back if I can't figure this out.

First I fixed the problem with loading a file into utorrent the problem was that I had not clicked on Associate with .torrent files. Also I uninstalled utorrent and then reinstalled it. but now I have another problem and that is when I tried to download slackware-10-2-iso it started to download and then I got an error message that said access denined. I tried two different torrents and the same thing happened do you have any thoughts on this? also I will try the above info.

I went to that folder and added write because it was not checked but that was not the problem. After I did this I tried to download a torrent; first I loaded it; then it started to download; after about 40 seconds it stops and I get an error message saying that access is denined. As far as I can tell it is not a tracker problem. I could be wrong. please help with this new problem.

I just went to the FAQ and I saw a question about access denined and I read it but I could not do any of the things that it said to do.

help

This is a bit easier... If you're not running anything mentioned in the FAQ... that's OK. Google Desktop Search is on the top of the list with EZCD Creator by Roxio I guess by # of reports.

If you could follow http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=15992 near the bottom and create the logs for Process and Explorer and copy-paste them here, it would definitely help.

> I went to that folder and added write because it was

> not checked but that was not the problem.

Where is the content of the torrent being saved? And do you have write permission to that directory? If you are able to load the .torrent file without getting the error, but then get the error when µTorrent goes to save a content piece - 1) what jewel said, or 2) you don't have write permission that folder.

Well somehow the problem seems to have gone away. I justed downloaded a torrent. I followed the above advice and downloaded a tcip patch but when I downloaded into my computer utorrent did not work at all so I uninstalled it and the problem went away. btw I am seeding right now. I want to thank you all for the care and information you have given me to fix my problems All I can say is a big THANK YOU

• 1 month later...

Archived