deleted torrents and downloaded files

wyznrich

I was running utorrent today and downloading some classic movies. Everything was working fine when all of a sudden I received an error notice that UT could not locate the torrent files I was downloading. I closed UT then reopened. I found that not only were the four files I was downloading in error but also most of the others as well. After further examination I found that none of my torrent files work and most of the movies I had downloaded were gone. It was as if I deleted both torrent and files, which I did not do. Anyone ever had this happen? Know what caused this? Can I recover files and downloads?

Alternatively, use something like http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=31306 on your resume.dat (start->run->%APPDATA%\uTorrent ) and see where it thinks the torrents are stored. If nothing is there, check the permissions on that file.

Edit: If the file looks like it's old (creation date the first run of uT for ex, but last modified from a month ago), check out the FOLDER's permissions... Are you running a self-contained uT? Or how about with a changed Torrent Storage folder in preferences?

Archived