Search Torrent as You Type (like in iTunes)

McoreD

OMG, I simply cannot believe it. :(:(:( I came here just to figure out why oh why this SIMPLE feature wasn't still implemented in the most popular client in the world... and stumbled upon this thread. Felt the need to register just to bring my 2 cents.

Firon

Administrator

Nah, we're working on this feature again in the client itself.

You said it full year ago, administrator. Can we get an update on the situation please? uTorrent's seen countless updates and hundreds of useless features implemented for all I care. Yet this is not implemented yet and I anticipate it every time the new version comes out.

Nice 100th post, Necrontyr. This thread is 6 years and 100 posts long. Don't the developers see that this feature IS important?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't know why so many people just say things like "I don't think it's useful" or "you could do blabla instead". Come on guys! it won't hurt you a bit if it's implemented and you don't need it, while other people like me miss the feature so much.

I just can't believe after 5 years there is still no internal search in ut, while the client eats more and more ram, quits slower and slower, with more and more features that have nothing to do with torrent thing.

I don't care much how it's implemented. I don't care much if it looks like in Opera, ie, or Firefox, or itunes or anything. It's a 90% vs 95% problem, but much better than zero.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally :)

Nice to see it is implemented in the latest µTorrent 3.3 ALPHA.

Congratulations µTorrent Team!

I have since moved to Deluge for its core/client implementation. Deluge 1.4 src already has code for this search filtering; yet I am glad that a much needed function is finally available for users of µTorrent.

Archived