Very slow speeds with uTorrent

misterplum

I have a 10MB local network connection and, strangely, my DL speeds seem to stick around 25-30kB/s.

Yesterday, for the first time, my DL speed went up to 250kB/s and stayed there. I couldn't believe my eyes... I don't know what caused that sudden speed boost.

And today, speeds are boring again. 25kB/s...

How can I recover this high speed ? The speed test shows a speed of about 2500kbps maximum. It should download faster !

Help me if you know the solution...

Today download speeds turn around 50kB/s.

I tried downloading an OpenOffice.org software -> download was much faster (140kB/s).

After I downloaded that, I continued my other (slow) downloads, which suddenly decided to download with a speed of 140kB/s for 5 minutes. Then drops down again...

I don't understand =s

other things play a big role in your download speed, such as the amount of seeds and leechers, and the location of peers, etc. try to download a highly seeded torrent like a linux distribution ISO. these can usually max out your connection as much as they can, or as much as throttling will allow. from there you can see how close you get to your speed test speeds, and how much higher it is than average. also try downloading a linux ISO through your browser, and see how fast that goes. whats the fastest speeds you've been able to get in non-torrent downloads? I have 3MB/s connection and even I only get around 200kb/s average when downloading open office through torrent, but on a slackware linux ISO I get 1.1MB/s on average downloading through torrent.

Archived