Please enlighten me.

chris d

I'm fairly new to Utorrent (in fact) Torrents in general. However, I've come across this particular problem several times and never found out why it occurs. Perhaps someone may be able to enlighten me?

For example, I will download a torrent packet and then open up same from within uTorrent. The torrent will then start and (as one would expect) downloading/uploading. All can seem well and (in some of the torrents I've worked with) the download rate can be very good indeed, then - all of a sudden the download will stop, the ETA shows infinity and all of the peers show the same percentage and (try as I might) I cannot proceed any further - it's as if the torrent download has hit a brick wall.

If I leave the torrent and come back to it later or on another day/week it makes no difference - the download will not progress any further. However, if I delete the torrent and the data and then start again from scratch, the download will start from the beginning (as if nothing has happened) up to the same percentage point and then stop again.

This can be very frustrating and annoying as (in most cases) this occurs very close to the point where the download is complete. In my last (failed) download this occurred at 86% where the download speed dropped from 540Kbs to zero in a matter of seconds, sigh............................!

Is it something I'm doing wrong, a wind up, or something else?

Please advise

Cheers

Chris D

What is the seed/peer count for the torrent? What is the availability? It's probably the same as the percentage you hit.

Chances are, the torrent is dead, and no one on the swarm has the complete set of data. If so, then you'll have to find another source for torrent.

Good heaven's that was a quick response - thank you. The general page currently reads: Seeds 0 (0) Peers 6 (10) Avail 0.868.

Ah I see where you're coming from now! I presume that the availability should show (when the torrent is loaded) 100, if not then it's not possible to complete same? To be honest, I've never really taken much notice of the Avail segment, especially as (it seems) this holds vital information as to the health of the torrent.

Am I correct?

Cheers

Chris D

Archived