Red light (listen error) but port is open?

zumpiez

Hrm. FWIW, Comcast is known to do stupid things sometimes with regards to BitTorrent. Try another adding another torrent, like from here. Does the status bar light change?

Oh, and mouse over the status light next time to check the tooltip. It might be a listening error (where another application is already using the same port that µTorrent is trying to bind to).

Edit: Oh, heh, you already mentioned listening error in the title... in which case, you're going to need to figure out which application is using the port, or use a different port for µTorrent altogether. If you want to find out, get TCPView from sysinternals.com and run it on the home computer. If another application is using the port, you'll see on the list.

It was indeed a listening error. I just remoted home, changed the port it was using (It was 49153, now 49150) and that worked fine.

I can't fathom what was trying to also listen on 49153 of all ports, but thank you!

edit: and like magic all of my torrents are running much faster. double win! thanks, you are my hero.

Archived