Software/OS to handle torrent connections on standalone PC

darren_21

I remember a while ago, while researching all about torrents and router limitations, I came across a software or OS, that I believe was Linux based, that would be installed on a standalone PC (by itself, no windows or anything) to manage connections, eliminating the limitation of my linksys router...

I can't for the life of me figure out what this program/OS is... anyone have any ideas?!?

Thanks a bunch...

... Any Linux OS can be used as a hardware firewall. Perhaps you're thinking of proxy, or router?

Re-reading your post :P It's called alternate firmware for Linksys routers ;)http://utorrent.com/faq.php#Special_note_for_users_with_Linksys_WRT54G_GL_GS_routers

Please feel free to report back if you've got questions. Please note your router exact make/model AND REVISION

I've actually gone beyond the linksys firmware, unfortunately mine being a WRT54G ver 8, i was limited to the micro version of dd-wrt. I just wanted to play around with different options to see what I could come up with... more of a learning project than anything...

Oh and I managed to find the program I had seen previously... called IPCOP

Thanx for the help!!

Archived