drdimmer Posted December 23, 2005 Report Share Posted December 23, 2005 Not another speed problem I know, sorry but I would be thankful for any help...I am a previous bit commet user and with that bit torrent client i got downloads in excess of 100 KB/s if it was a nice seeder this was from mainly private trackers. I have tried the open office download as suggested in different parts of the forum and the maximum speed I seem to be able to get is 20kB/s occasionally but seems to be staying under 15kB/s.TO answer the basic questions:I do get a 'Network OK' message.My ISP is manx.net and am running an ADSL service I have been told is quoted as the 2mb service. Speed tests from ADSL guides give me the following results:True speed (estimated)Down stream 1726 Kbps (215.8 KB/sec)Up stream 228 Kbps (28.5 KB/sec)I am running on Windows XP service pack 1.I am behind a wireless router (Dlink DSL -604+) and am using uPnP in uTorrent and this shows up find in my routers config that the port is working. I have tried the NAT test online and that is working fine also and I got a 'PASS'.I have a software firewall Sysgate and the firewall is set to Allow on the torrent.I am unaware of any malicious traffic shaping the ISP do, but I do know they use to operate Traffic prioritisation, but doesn't seem to be an issue as I have downloaded on Bitcomet on my other computer on a private tracker at fine speeds reaching over 100KBs.My current settings in uTorrent are: Global maximum Upload rate: 28kB/sMax download rate: 0 (Unlimited)Global maximum number of connections: 200Maximum number of connected peers per torrent: 50Number of slots per torrent : 5I hope I have provided enough information to begin with.Many ThanksDrDimmer Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.