how to choose the appropriate upload speed

brutalassassin

hi guys.....

my isp has been checking their iptv services,so from past few days like one week or so we're experiencing speed bursts,i'm on a 256 kbps connection and my speed goes upto 1-1.5mpbs but the upload speed remained the same 160-220kbps(i checked it on speedtest.net website),consequently my download speed in utorrent used to be around 100-140 kBps

but yesterday my upload speed also increased to around 750 when i checked it on speedtest.net so i increased the upload speed in utorrent to 60 kBps but after one hour it again decreased so i lowered the limit to 25 kBps ...my main problem is from that time onwards i'm getting very slow download speed.plz help???

i hope my question is clear

airtlwy8.th.jpg

If you have a 1.5Mbit/768Kbit connection, you don't use anything which sets the upload > 85 or so. What you can check out is the actual TIMEFRAME which allows you to "burst" the upload > 100 and follow Ultima's suggestion in http://forum.utorrent.com/viewtopic.php?id=38188 ... I recommend it much more than my idea about it although the same logic is employed, less configuration is needed. You only need to know 1) how long your burst lasts and 2) how often you can burst.

As I said ... you want to get the "boost"... count how often you can do it. Start @ 3 minutes. So set your upload low for 3, minutes then raise it... if it doesn't work, set it low again for 4 minutes... repeat until you get it to burst THREE times in a row after the same interval. That proves it's your interval, then do what Ultima says in the other thread. If you have questions ask them. :D

Archived