uTorrent 1.7.7: uTorrent.exe - Corrupt File

headquarters

hi, I posted this problem in a thread from a year ago and thought it might also be a good idea to update my problem, hoping someone can help.

uTorrent 1.7.7: uTorrent.exe - Corrupt File

(The file or directory C:\DocumentsandSettings\. . .\ApplicationData\uTorrent\resume.dat.old is corrupt and unreadable. Please run the Chkdsk utility)

I've run the chkdsk utility which keeps trying to delete a certain file within the uTorrent folder called "resume.dat.old", but the problem is it never gets rid of it.

I ran chkdsk /R and got a message that it can't run because the volume is in use due to another process. I scheduled it to run upon reboot and then, after having subsequently rebooted, was disappointed to see that the bubble still comes up.

The bubble appears only and whenever uTorrent is running and downloading/uploading. It is very annoying.

I'm hoping somebody might have some experience with this and helplp me try to get rid of this annoying warning. Any such help would be extremely appreciated.

. . . thanks!

headquarters

Thanks Firon . . .

I've now also tried: Start > Run > cmd /k chkdsk /F

This didn't work for me either, even upon re-start (after scheduling for re-start).

If Spinrite (or similar) is necessary, are there any freeware type programmes that might do for me what Spinrite might do for me. I'm trying to figure out a way to get rid of the pop up bubble without having to buy a scanning programme just for that one thing.

Thanks,

headquarters.

Thanks for the input jewelisheaven, but I can't see where 'volume' is when I'm in 'my computer' hence I can't right click on it to get to 'properties' and so on . . .

Could you please elaborate on where 'volume' is to be found when in my computer?

Thanks,

HQ.

thanks for following up GTHK. I had tried the initial chkdsk command you'd given, but to no avail. I've also just now tried the slightly different configuration of chkdsk command from your post #14 this thread. It did not get of the Corrupt File pop-up bubble either.

Upon reboot there was a very quick message that said 'cannot access . . .' and the corrupt file bubble still comes up.

jewelisheaven, please don't get the wrong idea. I am legitimately trying to solve this problem and I truly appreciate your help along with everyone else's.

I am relatively new to computers and I was genuinely having difficulties establishing a path through to the volume options until your post #16 which worked no problem.

I'm truly sorry if my skills level has caused you any exasperation and can only say once again that I truly do appreciate all help from yourself and everyone else.

Thanks,

headquarters

Archived