Two of Two Connected, One In Swarm

Ramalama1

Oh shoot I meant to include the flags. DHT is disabled (d*noid tracker) one peer was UI and one UIE (they both dropped off the job list). PEX is disabled for all my torrents. LPD and PEX are globally enabled. LDP of course doesn't show up for the torrent but PEX is greyed out on all d*noid .torrents.

Thought it was odd. I mainly could not understand why I could not see myself as 1 seed, as in 0(1) with that 1 being me.

On re-reading that, I thought I should make it more clear. While PEX is globally enabled in uTorrent, I have no torrents associated with any other trackers that I created and since my tracker does not allow PEX, it is greyed out on each individual torrent property sheet. And I still have 40 of them puppies and they are getting wearisome to say the least.

Cute. Now it says 0(0) 2(2) - two peers connected - they are uploading, both of them. Checking in at d*noid, I see 19 downloads, one seed, one leech.

The information keeps changing but the one constant is this - my tracker shows one seed. uTorrent shows none. When you asked where I got it assuming you meant the torrent, I created it.

Not uploaded by me to any other of those aggregator sites but that does not mean someone else hasn't - stats at d* tell me there are 19 downloads completed.

I don't plan on trying 1.8 till I get 1.7.7 mastered :lol:

Dumb question department - what does >< mean??????

The wierdness in this particular torrent continued all night until this morning, when I stopped all my torrents (ones living on this computer) and restarted them so d*noid could update and the problem one got a red X. Whoa! That was odd. I wondered why. So I did a force recheck and got error saying that playlist.m3u could not be opened. Hmmm. I thought I had changed all my m3u files to read only so that WMP would stop screwing with them and looked at that one, and the m3u file modified date and create date were the same - no changes to that file just some problem with it that I could not discover. Since this particular torrent was not overwhelmingly popular (no seeds after nearly 3 weeks) I decided to go ahead and just delete it. What is odd was this particular m3u file did not originate on my end - it was a file I downloaded along with the rest of the material last year, and was essentially a reseed since the orginal owner never reseeded it. Not sure why I did not get errors earlier on it but if could be the scrape info was just not there. The moral of the story is that even changing attributes to read only will not prevent WMP from messing up m3u files and henceforth I am not including them in any of my torrents.

I thought WMP was part and parcel of Windows XP. Not listed in add/remove programs. I don't need anything other than iTunes to be honest, however, how to play the music snippets at allmusic.com and emusic? Sort of off topic, apologies....

All that being said, the file was not modified. It predates the uploaded torrent file by 2 months - meaning that I altered it at some point back in February but not recently. If WMP 10 were to modify it would that not show in properties for the file? I think it is just easier to not use m3u files. Simple enough for end user of downloads to create their own if they want them. From now on, I am going to skip them altogether when creating torrents, and when downloading them. There are a dozen different ways to add to iTunes library and dragging an m3u is the easiest IMO. I am more mouse oriented than keyboard shortcut oriented so I tend to drag drop more than anything else.

You can disable it with that "Set Programs Access and Defaults" can't you? Hmmm, good point, streaming means you don't have many options ... real or wm >< Hmmm, well I would say then turn off the media library, because it certainly sounds like that's the bugger >< I remember when I used WMP... before I heard of MPC :D

Can I have my thread back please and ask a question :)

If I put a job in initial seeding am I as the owner of the torrent shown as a seed or a peer?

Also, can someone confirm if this is true or not? I have a job that shows Seeds 0(0). Can I:

1. conclude that the tracker is not seeing my copy since it is not updated (e.g. the tracker is the source of this data, not what uTorrent sees on my machine).

2. Stop the torrent, force recheck and assume that will make the tracker update?

Thanks!

Initial seeding disguises you as a peer with unfinished torrent.

I don't really know if the tracker is told you are a seed or not...I believe it is told you are actually a seed. Someone else will have to tell you for sure on that part.

When µTorrent is super-seeding, it masquerades as a regular peer (though it should, AFAIK, report to the tracker that it is a seed).

Edit: Heh, tabbed browsing means there's this 19+ minute lag time between when I open the post and when I read.

Archived