Some cosmetic work

Tommy

It shows the filename. Not everyone runs "utorrent.exe". As the currently active titlebar text is returned through various calls, identifying the dialogs as belonging to the executable is logical... <BLAST!>

[Already implemented]Check the 1.8 beta from http://utorrent.com/download.php yourself, run it http://utorrent.com/faq.php#How_can_I_share_my_torrents_between_user_profiles.3F and /RECOVER to have it not interfere with 1.7.

>< I disagree with this change.

Disagree with what change? Tommy's asking for it to *not* display the filename, and it already *doesn't*, so what is there to disagree with? Additionally, it might be that it's different under Vista -- which, if it is the case, sounds like an oversight that does need to be reviewed.

I meant that it's possible that messageboxes under Vista display a different title than under previous versions of Windows (for whatever reason). Otherwise, I don't see any reason why it should be displaying the filename.

Displaying an executable name rather than a real title sounds like an ugly idea to me. Might as well make the main window's title do the same too. *shivers*

Indeed, I think the former is likely, rather than the latter as it seems kinda of silly to code specifically for Vista to not show the µTorrent tietl. The main window can be whatever it want's, one can usually tell apart instances by either no speed data, speed data uploading, speed data downloading, or speeds up and down.

In any case I'm pretty sure it's "fixed" in 1.8 so there's nothing else to do here.

Disagree with what change? Tommy's asking for it to *not* display the filename, and it already *doesn't*...
In any case I'm pretty sure it's "fixed" in 1.8...

I forgot to mention earlier that I'm running Version 1.8 build 9704, so unless you're referring to a future version the text in the title bars still shows the filename (at least under Vista).

EDIT: I've just downloaded µTorrent 1.8 build 10054 to see if the text in the title bars had been changed, but for my disappointment it hadn't...it still shows the filename...I hope this will be changed before the final version.

Archived