µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

I've found one more feed that is not read well by the new RSS feature. The admin of the site has said that: "If the RSS reader will read commented HTML, it'd detect the 'old' style link. The old link is still between <!-- and -->". This is the way to get the torrent link of this feed from ****nova. The full thread discussion is here: http://forum.mininova.org/index.php?showtopic=1206.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Neat.. ok, so 378 has some changes to compact_allocation to not preallocate space. I remember there was and Error: Element not found that would occasionally stop the torrent when using that (or, that's what I interpreted the cause was). Is this the fix, or something else entirely?

Minor: When moving up and down queueing priorities, it looks great, but focus doesn't stay with the current item if it moves. I'm not sure what the most logical thing to do, but you can basically take something and adjust it's priority until it's off the screen and you have no idea what's going on. :)

Also, I'm noticing that since i'm on a slower connection, uTorrent is still picking up .torrent files before i'm done downloading them (using Opera 8.5) and causing them to be corrupt. Could it check for file stability or fail and still allow it to write so it can finish and load when done?

Thanks, and keep up the great work!

Okay, I read through the notes and seems good overall.

I decided to test our RSS and as it is not something that I am familiar with, I read through this section and am it appears taht we cannot use private RSS feeds, at this time. Is this correct?

Most of the sites I choose to frequent are private. Is this being worked on or some workaround available now?

Thanks all and keep up the great work.

As an example dimeadozen sasy the following: Please note, that the feed is available for members only. You'll need a RSS reader which supports HTTP basic authentication.

378 is working good with the boss key except for 1 thing. If it's minimised to the system tray it no longer maximises when you press the boss key (good), but when you press it agian to bring it back it maximises it and doesn't keep it in the tray. The way it should work is like so:

1: If you have it maximised and press BK it should remove the window and the tray icon and bring it back (maximised) when you press the BK again.

2: If you have it minimised to the system tray and press the BK it should remove the icon and bring back only the icon when you press the BK.

PS: The problem where if you have the options window up and press the BK it still keeps the options window active.

The build is working very well for me too. Except for one thing. I set no boss key. When I try to activate or deactivate the trackpad on my Compaq Presario 2100, the uTorrent program has acquired a tendency to pop up. If it is already activated it sometimes blinks out of site. My annoyance is only matched by the impressive speed of the popup or hiding - few Windows programs can redraw themselves that fast on my computer!

I've also seen it happen when I click other One-Touch action buttons (little buttons above your keyboard that you can set to take you directly to your browser, E-mail ... etc)

It only appears some of the time, but I figure I might as well put it up and see if any other people have something similar.

Does your Boss key field say None?

I suppose this is addressed to me. Yes, it says "None". Am I supposed to set it even if I don't need any boss key?

BTW, as a nit, I see Beta 380 gained another KB of "weight" (I think it gained 20KB or so from version 1.2). Extra features are well and good, and I know that BitTorrent would probably become obsolete before uTorrent gets even a tenth as "fat" as the other clients, but let's not forget the roots - SMALL and useful program. :D

Oh well, when all the bugs are weeded out of uTorrent, I guess I can just use an older version if this really bothers me...

"Open for seeding" doesn't seem to mean what it does in Azureus (analyze files and don't announce to the tracker unless there's 100%), but rather what it means in BitComet (announce at 100% without analyzing). One can always stop and do a forced recheck, of course.

I'm curious but haven't the guts to try it: what happens if you've opened for seeding and announced at 100%, but you don't really have 100% (maybe you have 0%), and someone requests a piece that in reality you don't have?

Press Ctrl C. You can copy the text in any standard dialog/message box by doing that. Little known fact. :P

---------------------------

µTorrent

---------------------------

Total Uploaded: 76.5 GB

Total Downloaded: 31.3 GB

Total Running Time: 5w 6d

Number of files added: 216

Program started: 13 times

# incoming conns since start: 4669

# outgoing conns since start: 695

Size of disk queue: 1

# connections: 1