µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

Yeah, the gui.ulrate_menu and gui.dlrate_menu values have to be reset this time.

But...but...but...why didn't mine reset? Something special about the values I'm using? Here's what I was using before the update from build 389 to 390...

I even let the new speed wizard change my settings. Surely if anything would have whacked my rate menus that would have done it, no?

I guess I'm just a lucky son of a gun. :)

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it only where I'm (ie: crappy ISP's) that I'm not able to upload at 186KB/sec? I can do maybe 25 max, I set it to 20. But I kept all the settings for the torrents too see if it makes a difference with speed.

edit: My bad, it's upload in kilobits. I got it right now.

edit 2: There should be a "Default" option so to return everything back to normal.

1: I see a few clients with an empty user-agent field? They are often in the state USDID, but looking at the stats I do upload to and download from them (though I always seem to upload more)

2: The speedguide is nice, but may be too limited. The should be an option to fill in the field for up and downspeed yourself.

3: When connecting to a swarm which maxes out bandwidth, I notice that µTorrent doesn't drop sources. If I'm downloading at a full 250 or 500 KB/s (maxed out), then I think really slow sources should be dropppd (< 1KB/s).

4: I see the following UA now and then: [T0390----LhAAchy2r29]

the numbers on stopped torrents were always there, werent they?

Oh, indeed. Stupid me. Sorry.

But... I currently have in my queue:

#1 downloading (normal start)

#1 stopped

#2 downloading (forced start)

#4 stopped

Is this normal?

A small problem: the last opened torrent path is not being saved , so each time you open a new torrent you have to navigate from "my documents" to the torrent path.

Will it be possible to save the last open location and use it next time ?

2: The speedguide is nice, but may be too limited. The should be an option to fill in the field for up and downspeed yourself.

There is. It is called "Options->Torrent Options". To a new user, he's probably going to select his speed and go with the recommendation for awhile, before tweaking it which will be done there. If he is an advanced user that thinks he knows better, he probably won't use a Wizard anyway...

APPEND: I just realized you might mean the box marked "connection type," and you want them to be able to select arbitrary uploads and downloads. The problem, I think, is that those are just simple locked presets - IF Connection Type A THEN Recommend Setting A. Allowing someone to just type in his own connection's downspeed/upspeed limits will be somewhat dishonest because all uTorrent will do is round it to one of those presets (and Rounding Algorithm = Extra Code).

3: When connecting to a swarm which maxes out bandwidth, I notice that µTorrent doesn't drop sources. If I'm downloading at a full 250 or 500 KB/s (maxed out), then I think really slow sources should be dropppd (< 1KB/s).

I can understand about wanting to kick people off if you are maxing out your connections but not your bandwidth, but why do you care what they are giving you if your bandwidth itself is maxed out?

uTorrent is supposed to drop totally inactive guys if it needs the connection. But I'm relatively new and I already think Ludde doesn't want to implement something that would kick away guys that are merely slow - same reason why we are never likely to have a conveniently placed "Kick and Ban" switch.

Is there any information on cookie support for RSS?

Also, it seems if I have the episode number checked for an RSS feed it will not download that show. Once I uncheck it however, it starts downloading. At frist I thought that maybe I entered the episode number wrong, but even when I put the episode number exactly how it appears on the torrent and in the RSS feed (1x11) it still doesn't work. Only after I uncheck the episode number does it eventually download.

Also, I just noticed that when utorrent in minimized to the system try and I double click the icon to bring it up, it comes up behind all other open windows, so I either have to minimize all other windows, or click on it a thrid time. Not that big of a deal, but still seems like it could be a bug.

Besides that everything is looking great. Awesome job.

I tried to run 390, no go, as it runs and is started, I can see it in Task Mgr, but never 'starts'. Any suggestions?

I have reverted back to 389, in th mean time. Thanks again for a great product. And boy is it great to have my broadband back after 3 weeks of dial-up..lol

Try Build 391? :|

Build 391 unhides (restores) itself behind other windows when I double-click its system tray icon. I have not had this behavior with any previous version of µTorrent. Previously it would always bring itself to the foreground. Can anyone else reproduce this?

Build 391 unhides (restores) itself behind other windows when I double-click its system tray icon. I have not had this behavior with any previous version of µTorrent. Previously it would always bring itself to the foreground. Can anyone else reproduce this?

right-click once & try again...

Archived