µTorrent 1.3.2-beta build 401

Firon

what if the seeder is a 8kB/s uploader and the people downloading that same thing are only 1kB/s peers? is better to have only 8kB/s ?

Then there is not problem basically. It is really quite complicated, in general, less connections means less overhead, which relates more efficiency. But it also has side effects which can reduce efficiency in the big picture (for the swarm as a whole). IMHO, there are two areas where some enhancements could be made. When the downstream connection is maxed out and some of the uploading peers cannot send at the rate they are able (e.g. send at less speed their upload slots allow) and when there are some very slow uploading peers (uploading at a rate 100 - 1000 slower as the fastest connected peer). In both situations, I would like to drop the slowest peers since they don't add any value and are more like to costs more than they are worth.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hi-all, since the window for selecting path of download and which archives you want to download wass added i can't set it for being the default action when i do double click to .torrent files, how can a i turn on this feature, or it wasn't added still today? i have the 395

pd: sorry for my poor english, i came from argentina

The speed configuration wizard is a good idea, but there are no settings that correspond to most USA broadband service.

For example, I have 1.2 M service (which is not a choice), but even the 1 M choice has far more upload than you get in the USA with a 1 M service. One sometimes sees 1 M lines here with one-sixth the upload bandwidth that you assume for 1 M service, and they rarely have more than one-third the upload that you assume.

In other words, broadband here is usually "very asymmetrical" .

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but I'll interpret it as best as I could O.o

1. If you're interpreting that those speeds (1Mb/s or 2Mb/s) as download speeds, they're upload speeds. Download speeds are irrelevant when it comes to configuring µTorrent for better speeds

2. If you're talking about 1Mb/s as upload, then I'll just say that Mb is not the same as MB (1Mb/s = 128KB/s).

Thank you for adding cookie support for the RSS reader!

However, now that I can use it I noticed that files with PDTV in the filename gets identified as DVBRip instead of PDTV. I know they are just different names for the same thing, but since PDTV is included in the filterlist it gets a little confusing.

a couple of questions:

- Change: Increase limited dl rate to 3x

what does this mean really? how does this affect your download and upload?

- Change: Don't limit # of upload slots for unlimited uploads

does this mean if I have unlimited upload speed, it won't limit the number of uploads slots per torrent to 20,

even if I have set it to 20 in the Torrent settings in Preference?

I just converted from Azureus to build 395 and I'm absolutely loving it. I'm noticing hiccups with my dl rates (a lot of fluctuation, all the way down to 0k, then springing back up to a nominal rate) even from high-traffic public sites while pulling down torrents that have large swarms (bt.etree.org, as a prime example), but other than that I have absolutely no complaints and I'm loving my Java-free BT experience. I'm also converting as many of Windows-using friends as possible. It's especially great to be able to watch Ludde's work unfold here. Thanks so much for the diligence and the efforts of everyone involved =)

- Change: Increase limited dl rate to 3x

This means that when you lower your upload to the point where the client limits your download (at the moment this is set to any upload rate below 5KiB/s) then your download rate will be 3 x your upload rate. So if your upload rate is 3 then your download rate will be 9.

Build 395 - crashing the PC [Win98] -

After about 20 hours - 4 - downloading, and the rest - uploading I stopped the uploading torrent, and exited after 1 sec. The PC crashed - with the video display turning black.

If there is a crash dump/log somewhere let me know.

My feeling is that the process of closing the connections was not completely finish and that caused it.

Archived